Many of our clients become hesitated when it comes to the question: Will you prefer an all-in-one roll forming machine or multiple single layer roll forming machines? Well, it’s possible that they always answer with the request of quotation for both, and after quotations for both received, the choice is still hard to made. The below some pros and cons of all-in-one roll formers and multiple single layer roll forming machines for refernece.
- All-in-One roll forming machines mostly refer to double layer roll forming machine ( known as also double deck roll forming machine, or dual level sheet roll forming machine) and double/triple row roll forming machine; as the name indicates, all-in-one roll forming machines are technically capable to produce two or more different metal roofing and wall cladding sheets or metal section profiles;
- An all-in-one roll forming machine usually consists of one decoiler (singe head or double head), one roll former, one cutter, one control box, one oil pump, and one set of run-out tables, so it would save working space;
- The most popular double layer roll forming machine in the market is for the production of IBR & Corrugated roofing sheets and sometimes the double deck roll forming machine produces also two different trapezoidal roofing or wall cladding sheets; and the most popular double/triple row roll forming machines in the market are produced for the manufacturing of L、C、U、Hat stud track and trusses;
- On double layer roll forming machine, the production of two different metal roofing/wall cladding sheets cannot be done at the same time, which means either top layer or bottom layer works at one time because one PLC control system would restore the details or specifications for one type of sheets, like cutting length and production quantities etc.; while on double/triple row roll formers, technically it’s available to produce different products at the same time only provided that customers require exactly the same cutting lengths and same production quantities;
- The alternation of top layer and bottom layer rolling tools running is done through a clutch, something like clutch off top layer roll forming works, and clutch on, bottom layer roll forming works; but for double/triple row roll formers, there is no clutch for the alternation it means when any row of roll formers works, the rest ones will work too;
- Each single repair or maintenance on any of the rollers tools can only be done when other rolling tolls stop working;
- Some clients have needs for the production of two or more different metal roofing sheets at the same time because of large demand amount and they may prefer multiple single layer roll forming machines.
- Multiple single layer roll forming machines will consists of multiple decoilers, roll formers, control boxes, cutters, oil pumps and multiple sets of run-out tables; Enough working spaces are necessary for multiple single layer roll formers working;
- Multiple single layer roll forming machines have large production capacity compared to all-in-one roll formers because all single layer machines could work at the same time and even sometimes there are problems or breakdowns or repairs on one of machines, there is no need to stop others;
- Multiple single layer roll forming machines will cost much high than all-in-one roll forming machines; take double layer roll forming machine for a instance, two single layer roll forming machines for regular roof cladding sheets may cost 40000$, while a double layer roll forming machine may save 4000$-5000$ for you.
In summary, it is a not a difficult question as for how to choose between all-in-one roll forming machine and multiple single layer roll forming machine; Before the decision is made, you need to think carefully whether you have enough factory space, enough budget and the most important, if you have enough order or demand for the roll formed products.