A downspout roll forming machine, known as rainwater downpipe rollforming machine as well, has been designed for making square or round (circle or rectangular) rainwater pipes.
A downspout has many different names as, waterspout, downpipe, drain spout, and roof drain pipe etc. According to wiki, the downspouts are applied mainly as below:
Downspouts are usually vertical and usually extend down to ground level. The water is directed away from the building’s foundation, to protect the foundations from water damage. The water is usually piped to a sewer, or let into the ground.
In the very beginning the downspouts are made of plastic, then PVC; due to the advancement of roll forming technology, people turn to roll formed pipes, and in mordern times, most of the downspouts or rainspouts have been produced from pre-painted steel, galvanized steel,aluminum or cooper.
In the market there are two types of downpipes: square or rectangular downpipes and circle or round downspouts. The round or circle downpipes are straight from the roof top to the ground, and the square or rectanular waterspout usually have a curved pipe or an elbow downpipe as a turn at the down end of the straight pipe .
Brief Introduction of Downspout Roll Forming Machine:
Right at this moment there are two kinds of downspout roll forming machines in ther market for the manufacturing of square and round rainspouts: Stationary downpipe roll forming machine and Portable downpipe roll forming machine.
MAXON® produces only stationary downpipe roll forming machine or downspout roll forming machine which is strong and suitable for massive production of steel pipes; while a portable downpipe roll forming machine (the most famous supplier is Jobsite) has been designed for onsite production because it’s light weight and usually mounted on a trailer, but it’s not as a good choice as a stationary machine as long as massive production for downspouts or downpipes is concerned.
A downpipe roll forming machine (square or round, rectangular or circle) is technically capable to be running both manually and automatically as per different customers’ needs. Manual running is most of time required for installation or trial, and auto running is made for the continuous production of required downpipes or downspouts.
A downspout roll forming machine generally consists of a manual decoiler, feeding guide, roll forming machine, cutting tools (hydraulic cutting for square or rectangular downspouts, and fly-saw cutter for round or circle rainspouts), transmission system, PLC control cabinets and runout tables; also there will be Elbow machine optional for customers.
Technical Parameters of Downpipe Roll Forming Machine:
- Uncoiler: Manual Uncoiler
- Inner diameter: 508mm
- Outer diameter: 1200mm
- Loading weight: 3T
- Thickness of Material: 0.4-0.6mm
- Rolling Stations: 22 stations for square pipe and 26 stations for round pipes.
- Forming Speed: 0-12m/min. (not including cutting)
- Diameter of Shaft:∮70mm
- Transmission:by chain-brackets
- Main Power:7.5KW:
Weight of the machine appro.6 Tons.
- Cutting Type: Hydraulic cutting for rectangular downpipe and Flying Saw Cutting for Circle downspout
- Hydraulic Power: 4KW
- Flysaw cutter: 3KW
- Material of cutter blade: Cr12 steel with quenched treatment.
- Cutting Length and Quantity:Clients can set the required length and quantity on the PLC touch screen
- Electrical System for Rectangular Downspout Roll Forming Machine
- Panasonic PLC Control System and Omron Encoder;
- Electricity 380V+/-10%/50HZ/3Phase
Main parameters for downspout Elbow machine:
- Type of controlling: adopt strong electric controlling
- Main motor power: 2.2kw
- Max curving angle: 90 degrees.
- Functions: curving and biting
- Curving speed: 0-15m/min
- Dimension: 1300*650*1500mm