A trapezoidal sheet roll forming machine is a regular metal sheet roll former that produces metal roofing sheets or roof panels for both individual and industrial building.
Trapezoidal roofing sheets are the most popular metal roof panels not only for residential buildings but also for commercial or industrial buildings. There are so many different profiles for a variety of applications. People like to use low-profile trapezoidal sheets for elevation and IDT roofing, while for wide-span roofing and load-bearing structures, they tend to select high-profile trapezoidal sheets. In addition, trapezoidal sheets have other names in Africa as industrial trough IT4, IT5, IT6 roof profiles, therefore people can barely find two exactly the same trapezoidal sheet roll forming machine in the markets.
Brief introduction of Trapezoidal Roof Sheet Roll Forming Machine:
This metal sheet roll forming machine produces trapezoidal sheets from colour prepainted steel coils, Galvanized steel coils, aluzinc sheets, and sometimes aluminium steel coils (aluminum roof panels are prefered in Nigeria). Generally, material thickness varies from 0.3 to 0.8mm, and width varies from 914mm to 1250mm. However, in some applications, material thickness can reach up to 1.5mm, like roof deck. Furthermore, in some countries or areas, people use G550 material to make full hard metal roofing sheets.
Sometimes when a client needs to produce trapezoidal sheets with different effective widths with anything else remained the same. In this case, the investment shall be made on only one machine, because a trapezoidal roof panel roll forming machine is always adjustable for different feeding widths. This means you can make trapezoidal roof panels with different effective widths from different-width materials. However, a client must need two trapezoidal sheet roll forming machines for manufacturing two panels at the same time.
Just like the regular roof sheet roll former, a trapezoidal sheet roll forming machine typically consists the components as following:
- Manual Decoiler
- Entry/feeding Guide
- Roll Forming Unit
- Hydraulic Unit
- Cutting Unit
- Control system
- Runout Tables
Technical Parameters of Trapezoidal Sheet Roll Forming Machine:
- Uncoiler: Manual Uncoiler (a Hydraulic decoiler is optional);
- Inner diameter : 480-520mm;
- Outer diameter: 1250mm;
- Loading weight: 5TONS;
- Material width: 914-1250mm;
- Material thickness: 0.3-0.8mm (sometimes upto 1.5mm maximum, depends on techncial requirements);
- Forming speed: 0-12m/min (high speed is optional as per request);
- Forming stations: 16-22 forming stations (subject to the technical drawing of profiles)
- Roll forming stands structure: conjoint type
- Material of Roller: high quality 45#steel with the surface mirro polishing and coated with hard chrome 0.05mm.
- Material of Shafts:45# high-quality steel;
- Diameter of Shafts: 70mm (80-90mm if the thickness over 1mm);
- Thickness of Siding Plate: 18mm;
- Transmission: by chain-brackets;
- Motor Power: 5.5 KW
- Material of cutting blade:Cr12 with quenched treatment 60-62 degrees;
- Hydraulic Power: 4KW;
- Cutting Lengths and Quantities: Customer can set required lengths and quantites clients through the touch screen on PLC control box.
- Cutting tolerance: +/-2mm
- Control system: Panasonic PLC, Inverter, CHNT transformer and HMI
- Voltage: 380V/50HZ/3phase
There are different names for trapezoidal sheet roll forming machines in some regions or areas! For example, in Africa, people like to call it aluminum or steel IDT Roofing Sheet roll forming machine, and sometime they give the name industrial trough IT4, IT5, IT6 roof sheet roll forming machine etc.
MAXON designs and builds customized trapezoidal sheet roll forming machines. For instance, some customers ask for G550 metal roofing sheet roll forming machine, some customers may prefer a separate forming stands structure trapezoidal sheet roll forming machine, or some customers may need safety guard on the roll forming machine body etc.