So many machine suppliers have designed and built Roof ridge cap roll forming machine for making ridge caps or valley flashings installed along the ridge line of a sloped roof or in valleys.
During the installation of metal roof panels, there are always roof flashing required. Those flashing installed along the ridge line to protrude from the roof of a building to deflect water away from seams or joints are called roof ridge cap. Read How to Install a Ridge Cap?
A top roof ridge cap roll forming machine wins its name by the purpose or function of producing top roof ridge cap, while a roof valley flashing roll forming machine most of time makes valley flashing or roof valley flashing, which are installed mainly in the valleys where the runoff is concentrated.
Brief Introduction of ROOF RIDGE CAP ROLL FORMING MACHINE
There are different roof flashing roll forming machines based on different technical requirements on the final products, however, in the market people most of time use three kinds of roof ridge cap roll forming machines. Roof ridge caps with pressed STEPs, Roof ridge cap without steps, and V shaped roof flashing without STEPs. It has to be pointed out that a Roof ridge caps without STEPS sometimes can be used both as roof ridge caps and as roof valley flashings. In addition, there is a similar machine, Glazed Tile Roll Forming Machine.
There are not so many differences between these two kinds of roof ridge cap roll forming machines, except for different roller stations, different rolling tools, and what really makes different is a hydraulic Pressing equipment which makes continuous STEPs on roof ridge caps.
Compared to roof ridge cap roll forming machine, a roof valley flashing roll forming machine is another case. People used to install the valley flashings in the valley of two intersecting roof panels, and this position decides the shape of valley flashing to be a V shape.
However, sometimes people can install the V shaped flashings in the valley as roof valley flashing, and also can install the flashins along the roof ridge line as roof ridge caps.
Generally, a roof flashing roll forming machine conisists of a manual decoiler, entry/feeding guide, roll forming system, hydraulic system, hydraulic pressing equipment optional, cutting system, control system and runout tables.
Technical parameters of a standard TOP ROOF RIDGE CAP ROLL FORMING MACHINE:
- Inner diameter: 508-610mm
- Outer diameter: 1200mm
- Loading capacity: 1T
- Material width 385mm
- The effective width 284mm
- Material thickness: 0.3—0.5mm
- Forming speed: 0—5m/min including pressing steps;
- Forming stations: 14 stations
- Machine base: 36 # H-steel
- Material of Shafts: 45# steel with rough finished and then refined finished.
- Diameter of shaft: 60mm
- Material of Rolls: high quality 45#steel coated with hard chromium 0.05mm
- Forming stands: complete welded structure of A3 steel plate of 18 mm thickness.
- Main Motor Power 5.5 KW
- Transmission: by the chain-bracket.
- Material of pressing die: Cr12 steel
- Step distance, quantities and depths: adjustable
- Material of cutting blade: Cr12 with quenched treatment 60-62
- Hydraulic Power: 5.5 KW
- Cutting system: Hydraulic cutting.
- Control system: Panasonic PLC, Inverter, CHNT transformer, Omron encoder
- Voltage: 380V/50HZ/3phase
- Automatically measure the length, and quantities