Briefly, a strut channel roll forming machine produces the steel channels often used for supporting wiring, plumbing, or mechanical components such as air conditioning or ventilation systems.
“Strut channel is a standardized formed structural system used in the construction and electrical industries for light structural support”. According to WIKI, Strut is usually formed from metal sheet, folded over into an open channel shape with inwards-curving lips to provide additional stiffness and as a location to mount interconnecting components. Increasingly, strut is being constructed from fiberglass, a highly corrosion-resistant material that’s known for its lightweight strength and rigidity. Strut usually has holes of some sort in the base, to facilitate interconnection or fastening strut to underlying building structures. More on WIKI>>>
There are standard dimensions for common strut channels, i.e. 21*41, 41*41 and 41*61 etc. And also there are punching holes continuously on the bottom of the channels for joints. The following are some regular joints or connections for examples:
Basic strut channel comes in the open box section, where several variations are available with small different shapes as well as different hole patterns for mounting to walls and supports. Generally, the materials for making the channels are 1.5-2.5mm thick zin-coating steel or cold rolled steel.
In addition, some other materials are also available for different applications. For instance, stainless steel will be used where rusting might become a problem (e.g., outdoors, facilities with corrosive materials), while aluminium alloy is better material when weight is an issue or from fiberglass for very corrosive environments.
A roll forming equipment that manufactures strut channels is strut channel roll forming machine.
Brief Introduction of Strut Channel Roll Forming Machine:
Firstly, the strut channel roll forming machine is the equipment that manufactures strut from galvanized steel of 1.5-2.5mm thickness.
In addition, one strut channel roll forming machine can technically produce 3 profiles by adjusting different spacers between rolling tools. The core components for the line are punching unit, roll forming unit and cutting unit. However, the position and working method for punching and cutting unit may vary. Generally, there are two solutions for roll forming the channels, based on the line speed.
By this solution, clients can save much money and working areas, however, it’s working at a max speed only 3m/min.
Generally, the whole line includes uncoiling, leveling, roll forming, hydraulic punching, hydraulic cutter, runout tables and PLC control system. Manufacturers use post hydralic punching unit integrated on roll former. The roll forming machine stops to run when hydraulic punching and hydraulic cutting work.
As indicated, this solution offers clients the max. production capacity at min. speed around 15m/min.
The line works with an auto feeding unit, high-speed pressing machine and tracking cutter in order to run continuously without stopping. Generally, the whole line includes uncoiling, leveling, auto feeding unit, high speed pressing unit, roll forming, hydraulic tracking cutter, auto stacker and PLC control system. As you may notice, an individual high-speed pressing stays between an individual levelling unit and roll forming unit.
Technical Parameters of Strut Channel Roll Forming Machine Line:
- Raw Material: Cold Rolled Steel Coils or Galvanized Steel Coils
- Material Thickness:1.5mm-2.5mm
- Material Widths:100mm-180mm
- Profiles:21mm*21mm & 41mm*41mm
- Leveller:7 Rollers (3 rollers top & 4 rollers bottom)
- Feeder:Auto Servo Feeder
- Pressing Machine:High-speed pressing machine
- Forming Stands Structure: Individual forming stands
- Rolling Stations: 18 stations
- Forming Speed: Appr.18m/min. Max.
- Diameter of Shaft:∮80mm
- Material of Shaft:45# steel with tempering treatment.
- Material of Roller: Gcr15 Bearing Steel with heating treatment after CNC processing.
- Transmission of Machine: Gear-boxes and Universal Joint Shafts.
- Main Power: 30 KW
- Motors: Siemens motor
- Transmission of gear boxes:1”double-roller chains
- Cooling/Lubricant system will be used to keep the rollers in better running condition.
- Safety Covers will be used for both roll formers
- Cutting unit: Hydraulic tracking cutter
- Materials of Cutting Die:Cr12MoVsteel
- Control system: Siemens PLC control system, Omron Encoder, Yaskawa Inverter and Siemens HMI (touch screen)