C purlin roll forming machine is an equipment that produces C shaped steel channels continuously out of galvanized or cold rolled steel strips from feeding, punching for holes, bending and cutting.
Traced back to tens of thousand years ago, people cut out logs or trees from the forest to build houses. At that time, the main components of a house are woods, including purlins. According to Wikipedia, “in traditional timber framing there are three basic types of purlin: purlin plate, principal purlin and common purlin”. However, there are weak points on wooden Purlins which will rot away by water or bugs after a while and wood purlins cannot hold too much heavy roofings.
Then as time flew, people developed stone or concrete purlins which were strong enough to hold a house for long time. However, the builders and house owners find that the owners have to spend much more money than using wood purlins; and that the builders must spend much more time than using wooden purlins. Therefore, entering into modern ages, the stone or concrete purlins becomes the last choice for industrial or some individual buildings.
Due to more money and time required for installing stone or concrete purlins, and the development of roll forming machines, steel purlins drew attention out of architects. Finally, steel purlins have been increasingly popular for the steel structural buildings!
Compared to traditional purlins, steel purlins have so many advantages, they are light, easy to install, and recyclable for other buildings etc. Therefore, as we can see, in mordern steel industrial buildings or prefab enineered buildings, people always use C purlins, Z purlins and sometime U purlins without flange stiffeners as well.
Brief Introduction of C Purlin Roll Forming Machine:
Firstly, thanks to the change architects made about steel purlins, c purlin roll forming machine has been designed. Generally, a c purlin roll forming machine C shaped section channels continuously from feeding of the material, straightening, roll forming, punching for holes or slots, and shearing. Seem like a z purlin roll forming machine, a traditional c channel roll forming machine is tehcnically capable to manufacture as much as 6 different sizes C steel purlins. Clients need to make manual changing for making different sizes channels. Besides, the cutting dies must also be changed manually for cutting different sizes C channels.
Furthermore, as roll forming technology advances, there are now automatic quick change roll forming machines for producing C and Z steel purlins (more at interchangeable c/z purlin rol forming macine)
Finally, the main components of a c sectional channel roll forming machine include a manual decoiler (3TONs capacity), a feeding guide for materials of different sizes, a levelling device, a front hydraulic punching for holes or slots on flanges, roll forming part, a rear hydraulic punching for holes or slots on web, a hydraulic cutting for cut to length, a PLC control cabinet, and and a hydraulic oil pump.
Technical Parameters of C Purlin Roll Forming Machine:
- Decoiler: manual decoiler;
- Capacity of decoiler: 5 TONS;
- ID. of decoiler: 480-520mm;
- OD. of decoiler: 1250mm;
- Raw material: Q235 Galvanized steel coil or Cold rolled steel;
- Yield strength of raw materials: 235MPA-345MPA;
- Material thickness: 2-3.2mm;
- Forming stations: 13-15 stations;
- Rolling stands structure: conjoint type;
- Machine Frame stand: Welded structural steel;
- Thickmess of Fame Steel: 18mm;
- Roll forming speed: 0-12m/min (not including punching and cutting);
- Material of Roller: Gcr15 bearing steel;
- Shaft Material: High grade 45# steel;
- Diameter of shafts: 80mm;
- Motor Power: 15 KW;
- Hydraulic punching: Stop to punch;
- Material of punching dies: Cr12MoV steel;
- Cutter: hydraulic cutter and stop to cut;
- Material of cutting dies: Cr12 steel;
- Hydraulic power for cutting: 7.5KW;
- Cutting lengths and quantities: Client can set various on HMI;
- Control system: Panasonic PLC, Inverter, CHNT transformer and Omron encoder;