C purlin roll forming machine is equipment that produces C shaped steel channels continuously out of galvanized or cold rolled steel strips from feeding, punching for holes, bending and cutting.
Traced back to thousands of years ago, logs or trees were brought to build houses and the main components of a house are woods including purlins. According to Wikipedia, “in traditional timber framing there are three basic types of purlin: purlin plate, principal purlin and common purlin”. However, there are weak points on wooden Purlins which will rot away by water or bugs after a while and wood purlins cannot hold too much heavy roofings;
then as time flew, people developed stone or concrete purlins which were strong enough and hold a house for long time, but there was a challenge to builders and house owners becaue it takes higher production costs and the owners have to spend much more than wood purlins; and also it takes longer time for builders to install the stone or concrete purlin than wooden; therefore entering into modern ages, the stone or concrete purlins becomes the last choice for industrial or some individual buildings.
Due to the higher investment of time and money in stone or concrete purlins, and the invention of roll forming machines, steel purlins drew attention out of architects. Steel purlins have been increasingly popular for the steel structural buildings because they are quite light, easy to install and recyclable for other buildings etc, and in mordern times the most commonly wide used purlins for steel industrial building or prefab enineered building are C purlins, Z purlins and sometime U purlins without flange stiffeners are used as well.
Brief Introduction of C Steel Purlin Roll Forming Machine:
Thanks to the change architects made about steel purlins, c purlin roll forming machine has been designed. This roll forming machine produces C shaped section channels continuously from feeding of the material, straightening, roll forming, punching for holes or slots, and shearing. Like a z purlin roll forming machine, a traditional c channel roll forming machine is tehcnically capable to manufacture 6 different sizes C steel purlins and the change for different sizes shall be made manually through the adjustment of spacers installed between rolling tools, and cutting dies ae also changed manually for cutting different sizes C channels.
As roll forming technology advances, there are now automatic quick change roll forming machine for C purlins, or for Z purlins or for both Cee and Zed steel purlins (more at interchangeable c/z purlin rol forming macine)
Main components of a c sectional channel roll forming machine include a manual decoiler (3TONs capacity), a feeding guide for materials of different sizes, a levelling device, a front hydraulic punching for holes or slots on flanges, roll forming part, a rear hydraulic punching for holes or slots on web, a hydraulic cutting for cut to length, a PLC control cabinet, and and a hydraulic oil pump.
Technical Parameters of C Purlin Roll Forming Machine:
- Decoiler: manual decoiler;
- Capacity of decoiler: 5 TONS;
- ID. of decoiler: 480-520mm;
- OD. of decoiler: 1250mm;
- Raw material: Q235 Galvanized steel coil or Cold rolled steel;
- Yield strength of raw materials: 235MPA-345MPA;
- Material thickness: 2-3.2mm;
- Forming stations: 13-15 stations;
- Rolling stands structure: conjoint type;
- Machine Frame stand: Welded structural steel;
- Thickmess of Fame Steel: 18mm;
- Roll forming speed: 0-12m/min (not including punching and cutting);
- Material of Roller: Gcr15 bearing steel;
- Shaft Material: High grade 45# steel;
- Diameter of shafts: 80mm;
- Motor Power: 15 KW;
- Hydraulic punching: Stop to punch;
- Material of punching dies: Cr12MoV steel;
- Cutter: hydraulic cutter and stop to cut;
- Material of cutting dies: Cr12 steel;
- Hydraulic power for cutting: 7.5KW;
- Cutting lengths and quantities: this c shaped steel channel roll forming machine will cut the C sectional purlins automatically exactly as per required lengths and quantities clients set through the touch screen on PLC control box;
- Control system: Panasonic PLC, Inverter, CHNT transformer and Omron encoder;