There are numerous sheet metal roll former equipments that produce metal roofing, siding panels. For example, IBR sheet roll forming machine and corrugated sheet roll forming machine etc. And, there are also roll formers for making metal decking, like the machine descibed below.
An IBR or corrugated sheet roll forming machine typically manufactures metal roofing and siding from 0.3-0.8mm GI/PPGI. And, a metal decking roll forming machine always handles with GI/CR Steel of 2mm maximum.
The main components for different sheet metal roll formers are usually the same as below:
- Feeding Guide
- Roll Former
- Transmission unit
- Cutting unit
- Hydraulic unit
- Control unit
However, different materials require different components of the roll forming equipment. Generally, the common different specifications are like:
- Rolling tolls materials
- Roll forming stations
- Diameter of shafts
- Main motor power
- Cutting dies
- and others
Breif Description of the Sheet Metal Roll Former:
The described sheet metal roll former has been designed to manufacture metal deck from 2mm thick Cold rolled steel. 2mm thickness usually requires rolling tools made of Gcr15 bearing steel (See more HOW TO CHOOSE A RELIABLE ROLL FORMING MACHINE SUPPLIER IN CHINA?). It’s a smiple profile, so there is not too many roll forming stations, but the shaft diameter is much bigger than a regular sheet metal roll former.
Compared to an IBR or Corrugated sheet roll forming machine, this sheet metal roll former has been driven by a 15KW gear motor. Besides, the cutter is also different from a common sheet metal roll former that has 2 pieces of cutting dies and this roll former has 3 pieces of cutting dies.
Technical Parameters of the Corrugated Sheet Roll Forming Machine:
- Raw Material: Cold rolled steel;
- Material Thickness: 2mm;
- Material Width:1000mm;
- Main Power: 15 KW;
- Forming stations: 14 stations;
- Stands structure: Conjoint type
- Machine Frame stand: 350# H Beam steel welded
- Thickness of Steel Frame: 18mm
- Material of Roller: Gcr15 bearing steel with mirror polishment
- Shaft Material: High grade 45# steel
- Diameter of shafts: 90mm
- Hydraulic Cutter: Stop to cut
- Material of cutting dies: Cr12 steel
- Hydraulic power for cutting: 4KW
- Cutting lengths and quantities: Clients can set required lengths and quantities through the touch screen on PLC control box.
- Control system: Panasonic PLC, Inverter, CHNT transformer and Omron encoder
MAXON opens another facility for supplying steel building materials, please visit MAXON-STEEL for more information.